9:00-17:00 from Tuesday to Thursday, and Sunday, last entry at 16:30
9:00-20:30 on Friday and Saturday, last entry at 20:00
Closed: Monday (excluding statutory holidays), Chinese New Year's Eve, and Chinese New Year's Day)
I. In accordance with the “ten new measures” released by the Joint Prevention and Control Mechanism of the State Council on December 7, visitors are no longer required to scan the venue code and undergo checks on health codes, negative nucleic acid test results, travel codes, and travel histories to risk cities. Visitors to the museum need to wear masks in a scientific and standardized manner the whole time and have their body temperature measured. Visitors with abnormal temperatures will not be received at the moment.
Ⅱ.The museum implements visitor flow restriction measures, with a daily flow limit of 15,000 visitors. 10:00-12:00 and 14:00-16:00 of the day are the peak hours. Please avoid visiting the exhibition during peak hours for a better viewing experience.
Ⅲ. Safety Instructions (The admission process to Chengdu Museum during COVID-19 epidemic is subject to the latest announcement):
1. Please check your bags before entering, and your valuables should be kept on your person.
2. To ensure the effect of exhibitions, the light of some exhibition halls is quite dim. Please be careful.
3. It is strictly forbidden to bring flammable, explosive, toxic, harmful substances, controlled equipment and other articles that endanger the safety of people and cultural relics, food, and colorful or sugary liquids into the museum.
4. To ensure your safety, please follow any instructions from the museum staff and obey the rules of Chengdu Museum.
5. Do not wear slippers to the museum. People with improper clothing, visibly drunk and mentally disturbed are not allowed to enter. Minors and those that need guardians must be accompanied to enter the museum.
6. Please do not smoke, litter, spit, or paint in the museum.
7. Pets are not allowed in Chengdu Museum, and please do not bring toys into the museum, including balloons, bubble blowers, and remote-control cars.
8. Roller skates, wheeled shoes, ice skates, and skateboards are forbidden in the museum.
9. Non-motorized vehicles (including children’s bicycles, tricycles, and electric cars) are not allowed in the museum.
10. Please take care of the public facilities. Do not touch exhibits and related exhibition equipments. Do not use flashes or selfie sticks in the exhibition areas, and do not take photos in the exhibition halls or of exhibits with NO PHOTOGRAPHY signs.
11. Please do not push or crash the glass display cabinets, to prevent damage or injury. Please do not touch collections not in cabinets.
12. Please use elevators and escalators in an orderly manner according to Elevator Safety Instructions. Do not put your head, hands, or body outside of the guardrail. It is strictly prohibited to go backwards, stay, or play on the escalator. Pushing the emergency button in non-emergency situations is strictly prohibited.
13. Please be polite and remain quiet in the museum.
14. Do not climb, lie down, take off your shoes, or horseplay in the museum. Do not lean on the glass.
15. In case of emergencies, please follow instructions from staff and evacuate orderly according to designated routes.
16. If you have any further questions, please consult the staff of the museum or call us at +86-28-68277011.
Information Desk and Luggage Depository
The Information Desk is available on the first floor, which provides visitors with answers to questions, guidance, and interpretations, and can assist those with special needs. You may check your bags in the southern tower of Chengdu Museum.
Address and Routes
No. 1 Xiaohe Street, Qingyang District (west side of Tianfu Square, Chengdu)
Public Transit: Bus Lines 13/30/43/47/64/78 to Xiyujie Station
Take Metro Line 1/2 to Tianfu Square Station and follow signs for West 1 (North/South) Exit to get out of the subway.
Tianfu Square is equipped with underground parking lots with 24-hour parking. The parking fee is RMB 5 for 2 hours, and RMB 2 per hour after two hours.